Saturday, May 15, 2010

Rain, rain, go away

    Hey everyone. I hope I don't have to start every blog post apologizing for not posting lately, but I'm sorry! I'm sure you all know how life gets in the way. Oh, and Facebook. That gets in the way big time for me, cause I'm addicted. I love seeing glances into people's lives and it's such a good keep-in-toucher. I love living in the era of technology. Just think what it's going to be like in 50 years. I personally don't think robots will have taken over the world or we'll be traveling by jet packs, but I think the technology will probably be pretty impressive.

    Things with me have been good. Maylee recently turned two. I'm so happy and sad and proud and amazed and a whole bunch of other adjectives. You parents know how it is. She really does amaze me. She is talking so well and can express herself. Oh can she express herself! She has (unfortunately) discovered the words "no" and "mine." Uuugghh. The "mine" really, really got to me when it first started. We had lots of talks about sharing and whose turn it was and such, but right now we're trying the "ignore it and maybe it won't be such a big deal" way. We'll see how it goes.

     It's been raining a lot in my neck of the woods. And humid. Man, I hate humidity. Makes my skin so clammy and chilly, but I'm burning up at the same time, you know? Today it's rainy and chilly, and it seems a little late in the year for that. I personally don't mind rain, as long as I don't have to go anywhere in it and I LOVE a good storm, but the tornado warning and stuff take on a whole new meaning when you have a little one to keep safe. For us, rain also means a muddy front yard, which in turns means Maylee can't play outside, even if it's a nice day, if it rained the day before. We have an area in front of our front deck that won't grow any grass because it doesn't get hardly any direct sunlight. So if we're outside and the rest of the yard is perfect, Maylee will be drawn to that patch of mud, of course. I guess we need to plant some bushes there or something. I'll have to give it some thought.

     Okay, I hear my girl waking, so I'll post some quick scrap pages I've done and be gone. Don't have any of her birthday done yet; I'll get there eventually!

                                  My usual monthly page, done with elements from Cuddlebeez.


    This page was done with the Mother's Day kit from Summer Driggs. This is such an awesome site I recently discovered.


  This page was done with the Mel Hains kit Chicolate.


And one more, done with the Lovely kit from Delicious Scraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment