Thursday, April 29, 2010

Quick post

  Just a quick post before I go to work today because I haven't posted in a while and that makes me a BAD blogger! Things have been hectic but routine around here. I really do love my job, but I'm so happy to come home to Maylee. She's (usually) so happy to see me when I get home. She waits at the window for me to drive up and then starts jumping up and down and yelling "Mommy!" It's one of the most wonderful things in the world!
   So most of you who know me know that I'm a singer and in high school was in all the choirs, theater and stuff. I also did it for my first two years of college and tried a little community choir after that, but wasn't really into it. I miss singing with other people. Anyway, I mention this because I've been listening to a podcast called Mouth Off all about contemporary a cappella music. I never knew how prevalent it was in America. They have turned me on to such amazing music, and if you listen to it, it's all done by the human voice. That might not blow you away just reading this, but if you listened to it, you'd be amazed. We're talking drums, bass, guitars...the works. Check it out if you want...it's amazing. And the two guys who host the podcast are fuuuuunnnnny, too.
  Pictures with Maylee went okay the other weekend. Could have been better, could have been worse. She's just a typical (almost) 2-year-old and if we're outside, she wants to be PLAYING, not posing and smiling. Val got some beautiful shots and we were even able to get a few of Brandon and me that we really like. We got two family shots that are pretty good.
  We have a family reunion I'm looking forward to this weekend. It's always fun to see the family I only see once a year. Thanks to the wonder of Facebook, I've been able to talk to a lot of them much more often now, and I feel like I actually know them a little better. That's wonderful, I think. I know it'd be better if we actually saw each other more, but Facebook is better than nothing!
  Maylee's birthday party is coming up and I'm trying to plan it. It's going to be a small affair, but I guess that's okay. A lot of people aren't going to be able to make it which is a bummer. I try not to let my feelings be hurt, but ultimately I just want Maylee to have a fun day. Here's the invitation I made for her party:

If we were inviting a child, we also included a burned CD (I know, I'm illegal and going to children's song jail) of Maylee's favorite band, The Laurie Berkner Band. I made a little CD cover to put in the CD sleeves that looked like this:

If I didn't think people were thinking I invited them to just get presents (that's not it AT ALL!!!) I would invite so many more people. I just want people to celebrate with me! My child is two. Isn't that amazing to everyone in the whole universe??? It's not? Just to us? Oh, fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment