Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What's {not} cooking Wednesday

   Lordy, lordy, do I love food. I mean, I'll be the first to admit I have a problem. I could get real deep with this, but I'll just say I'm an emotional eater, I'm a bored eater, and I'm a "omg, that looks good" eater. But I've been really trying to be good for a couple months now. That is absolutely not to say I haven't had things I shouldn't have, but I'm trying to keep my portions in check, trying to keep my sugar to a very minimum (can anyone say Halloween candy at 3 am?) and just use common sense. So, here are a few things I've been stuffing my gob with.

   Green seedless grapes and extra sharp cheddar. You know how at fancy parties and stuff they always have fruit and cheeses together? There's a reason, people. That crap tastes good together. Stuff your mouth with grapes, take a nibble of the cheese and blissfully close your eyes. The sweet grapes and the salty/savory cheese. Yeah. Yum.

   Chocolate Rice Chips. They're like rice cakes, but a lot thinner and more like a potato chip or cracker. And I swear, they get better, they TASTE better, the more you eat. I try to only eat like 7-10 a day. They're my little treat.

   Green beans. I eat them in bulk, practically. I put just a little bit of butter in the pan, and steam them for a while. Tish of salt and tons of pepper and I'm good to go.

   I had a major obsession with McDonald's sweet tea. It was my crack. Well, I'm onto a new drink and the Golden Arches now. Even though it makes my order-taker person super pissy, usually. I love a large 1/2 diet lemonade, 1/2 unsweetened tea with one Splenda. It's tart and sweet and cold. Me likey.

   Breakfast is my biggest problem. I just don't know what to eat and I never feel like eating until long after I've been at work a while. So I can't cook for myself, and I just haven't been able to figure out a good convenient food. I've seen tons of recipes that you cook ahead, in like muffin tins and whatnot, but I never seem to get around to doing that.

   When it comes to dinner, I make what I usually make, to be honest. I haven't really switched it up too much, because I don't wanna be cooking tons of different meals for everyone in my house. But like I mentioned, it's portion control for me. I don't go back for seconds. I eat more veggies and/or fruits.

   I'm not doing any rocket science here, people. I'm not doing anything you yourself probably haven't done before. But I've never really dieted before. I've always been one to take exercise over changing my eating habits, but I knew that had to stop. Anyway, let me know if you have any good, healthy ideas, and especially breakfast ideas.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment