Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Why do you blog?

  So a friend of mine, Karine, asked on her blog, "Why do you blog?" This is a good question. To be honest, I wanted to blog because I was curious to see if anyone would be interested in what I'm talking about. Turns out, they're not. After 9 months of blogging, I have 13 followers. Two of them are the same person, two of them are digital scrapbook designers and I highly doubt they actually read what I'm writing. A couple of them are blog-hop followers, so they just followed me because I followed them, so they're not reading what I'm writing, either. Oh, and one of those followers in me, LOL! I have a core group of girls, one being my mother, who read what I'm blabbing on about over here. Makes me wonder if it's worth it. But then I remember after I started doing this, a friend pointed out to me how cool it was going to be for my daughter to see this blog one day. I hadn't really even thought of that...a blog for posterity's sake. That's fine with me. And you know what, I like to blog. The followers may come, but it's really just something for me to do and a way to share things I love and are important to me. I'm not sharing to many people, but I guess that's beside the point. Would I like more followers to kinda validation this whole blogging thing on my part, sure, but I'm not going to make it that important. I hope.

  Well, Christmas has come around here. Here's proof:

Credits:
Sugarplum Dreams by Shabby Princess

   Maylee had such a good time helping decorate the tree. Once it was up, she messed with it for about 3 or 4 days, then has pretty much left it alone since then. Thank goodness! And Christmas on my in-laws side was moved up from Christmas Eve to earlier for the first time in 15 years. My mother-in-law understands that now that her kids have little kids, we'd really appreciate being at home for Christmas. I'm really grateful, too. I didn't know how I was going to swing going to the in-laws and put out cookies and carrots for Santa and the gang. Maylee would have been dead asleep before we got home and I don't want her to miss out on those traditions. This will be the first year she may actually remember, though I doubt it.

    I did one more scrap page this past week, too. It turned out pretty cute.
Credits:
Mostly Promise by Shabby Princess
A little bit of Shabby Mommy by Shabby Princess
Victorian hearts by Bisontine Creations
Font: Pea Lovey Dovey

   She's just growing up way too fast. But she's not too old to do naughty things. My mom called me from work today to say that Maylee had colored all over her playroom wall. Mom put her in time out and took her crayons away, but had to give her a pat-down because she was hiding crayons in her underwear! That little turd!

  Well, I'm going to cook breakfast for dinner. Brandon's working a lot of overtime this week, because it's the last week he can get good $$ before he starts having days off for the holiday. So he's home late this week and that makes the evenings fly right by.

   Thanks to my few loyal readers! I really do appreciate you guys stopping by.


3 comments:

  1. You're welcome!

    You're welcome! One from each of me.lol

    I totally had sausage gravy and bisquits for dinner last night! My first time ever making gravy that didnt come in a can or packet!! Woot. It wasn't terrible.:)

    I really laughed out loud about Maylee and the crayons.. where in the world do they learn this stuff? lol

    Totally jealous that you get to stay HOME for Christmas. Very cool of your MIL to be so understanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started blogging because I was posting pregnancy updates when I was preggo with E. I didn't know then that it was called blogging lol.

    And I had more to say but apparently I can't remember... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you're going to love it when you get to be my age and look back and read all the little things your children did. When you're my age, looking back becomes more important. For me there were no neat digital cameras or home computers to write down the little things the kids said, so all is lost and though I search for clues they aren't there, and even the memory has faded.

    I only used my blog for layouts, and since no one came I was going to delete it, then I noticed I'd signed up for a Picassa album a number of years ago, then last year they began keeping track of hits and I saw hundreds had been visiting my blog without my knowing it. Several of my layouts had over a thousand hits! I decided to keep it and use for freebies though I'm really really bad at keeping it up!

    ReplyDelete