Friday, January 28, 2011

Getting to know you...er, me

I've always like these little question/answer thingies. Feel free to copy/paste onto your blog and let's get to know eachother!


  • What scares you the most and why?  Well, as far as someTHING that scares me, it would be snakes. I'm absolutely phobic, unfortunately. But of course, the thing I'm scared of the most is something happening to my little girl or hubby.
  • Do you like chocolate? Uh, is the Pope Catholic? In other words, yep. But dark chocolate is my favorite.
  • What do you do in your free time? Read or digital scrapbook. And check Facebook incessantly. I can't stop myself.
  • What makes you bored? Stupid movies that my husband has seen 1,000 times.
  • Do you like rainy days or snowy winter days more? Hhmmm. I think rainy days. But there's a secret behind that one ;-)
  • If they were president, what would you do? Oh, where do I start? Major for me? Healthcare is a must, gay marriage is a must, tax increase on wealthy is a must, bringing our troops smartly and safely home. I think taxes on cigarettes and alcohol is a good idea. People are GOING to pay extra for that stuff, it's just a fact. We need $$ where we can get it! This is just touching on what I'd want done, but it's a start.
  • Do you like spicy food and why? Not so much, but I wish I did because I heard on TV that it helps fight of bad germies in your body.
  • Tell me about someone in your family? I've kept this one blank and saved it for last because I really wanted to think about it. It's hard! I have a very...interesting family. But I'm going to take the easy road and tell you about my mother-in-law instead. She has collected her whole life, years before she even had any, for her grandchildren. When her own kids were young, she would collect things for them, and get more on top of those and put things back for her future grandkids. Her house is an absolute playground. She lives for her grandchildren, and boy are they lucky to have her.
  • What is your all time favorite comedy movie? Hmm. I love My Big, Fat Greek Wedding. That's a romantic comedy. Favorite dramedy is Mr. & Mrs. Smith. Favorite is The Princess Bride, which some may not consider a comedy, but I think is very funny, in a kitchy kind of way.
  • Tell me about your favorite book, magazine or comic? My favorite book of all-time is Beach Music by Pat Conroy. I also love Empire Falls by Richard Russo. Love The Help by Katherine Stockett, all of the Harry Potter books by Jo Rowling and, of course, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I could go on and on, but I won't.
  • Which was the last movie you've watched? Hhhm. We rented Salt a few weeks ago. It was good. We're Angelina Jolie fans. I have Inception to take home this weekend. I've heard good things about it.
  • What country you would like to visit most and why? Ireland. Or New Zealand. Or France. Or Italy. Or Australia. Or, or, or...
  • What was your favorite sitcom growing up? I loved Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Blossom. When I was a little older, I loved (and still love) Friends.
  • Do you like to shop? Hate it, hate it, hate it. I don't mind so much online, but I hate to go to stores and shop.
  • How often do you go online? All the time. Too much. I'm on at work, I'm on at home. I have certain sites I check ALL THE TIME. (See my Facebook reference above.)
  • What's your middle name? Elizabeth
  • Are you old fashioned? Nah. I'm too liberal to be old fashioned LOL! I like the nostalgia of old fashioned, though.
  • What music do you like listening to? Pop, Rock, R&B, classic rock, a cappella, classical. I love all kinds of music, even a few country groups.
  • Define a great life. Family. 'nuff said.
  • Where do you like to go to have fun? Where ever my little girl is. She's fun and funny! My hubby's also awfully fun to have around.
  • What is your happiest childhood memory? Out riding my bike. I would ride around for hours...all day. It's so sad that kids can't do that anymore.
  • Will you ever go sky diving? Probably not. If I lost weight I may consider it.
  • What three possessions could you could not live without? My computer (with internet), my TV (with cable) and my cell phone. These are the POSSESSIONS I wouldn't want to live without. There are much more important things I couldn't live without.
  • If you knew that you'd die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are? If so, what? I wouldn't be so lazy. I'd meet with my friends more. But I'm mainly a homebody right now, and I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing because all my favoritest people are right there with me.
  • Who would you love to meet? Jane Austen. Jo Rowling. Angelina Jolie (and if Brad Pitt's there, that would be ok, too.). My grandmother at age 18. President Obama. Jon Stewart.Ellen Degeneres.

1 comment:

  1. Kate, don't worry too much about your no kit layout. I don't think that nature photos would be taking the easy way out. I actually thought that I was taking an easy way by *exactly* lifting another layout I found!! And when you are trying something new, it actually makes sense to start "easy." Good luck!

    ReplyDelete