Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Time to read Tuesday!

Yo yo Random readers! Today is Tuesday and that means:



Reading! Books! Words! Libraries! Illustrations! Love, love, love!!! You's alls know me and my books. If you're on my actual blog, and not just reading on an RSS feed, you'll see my Library thing widget there on the right. I keep track of every book I read. I started doing this almost 10 years ago. I like to look lovingly at this list and remember what I was doing, what was going on in my life, and even who I was when I was reading a certain book. You know how some people are transformed back to a memory when they hear a certain song? That's what happens to me when I see the title of a book I've read. 

So recently, like say the last 6 months, I haven't read as much as I "normally" would. I tell ya, having a 3 year-old, plus a hobby that I adore, really putting my reading time in a crunch. But when I get my hands on a book that I really love, it's still an all-consuming experience for me. Plus, I still listen to audio books while at work, so I get books read that way, as well. Anyway, guess what I got for Christmas?? If you guessed a Kindle, you would be RIGHT!! I know I blogged before about how I wasn't sure I wanted one, but I decided I DID want one, and Santa (read: my wonderful hubby) got me one! I've already read one book on it (a really long one), and I really like it. I love how light it is, and I can hold it any way and still be really comfy.

So, onward to what I've been reading. If you've read my blog at all, you know my reading style is all over the place. I love novels, fantasy, and young adult (and even some bigger children's) books. I just got done reading the final installment in the Inheritence series by Christopher Paolini, aptly titled Inheritence. Now, I started reading these books long before they got super popular. I picked Eragon up because the author is from the town my Mom and sisters lived in at the time, Bozeman, Montana. I thought it was a pretty cool link, so I picked it up and read it. Paolini was like 12 or some ridiculous age when he started writing these, and I was very impressed with the caliber of writing for such a young author. Some people would argue with that, but for someone of that age (hell, any age) to set up a whole fantastical world in such detail is talented. And that's that. Anyway, I was really looking forward to this last book to finish out the series. I wasn't disappointed. I won't write a review or anything, but just suffice it to say I was pleased with the way the series ended. I always hate the end of a long series, but I also can't wait to get to the final word.

I'm also *trying* to get through the most popular series of the year from last year, the Song of Ice and Fire (more popularly known as The Game of Thrones series). I got through books 1 and 2 with no problems. Book 3 I had to be really pushed by some online friends to finish. I was glad I finished it. Now I've been reading the 4th book for like 3 months. I just can't seem to get through it. I know I'll like it if I just buckle down and read it, but I just need to do it. Not sure why I'm dragging my feet so much. Hmmmm.

So this post has ended up being a book (ba-da-bah! I'll be here all week, folks!). I'll just say go read a book and be done with it. 

Go read a book. I'm done.



No comments:

Post a Comment