Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tackle it Tuesday fail and other failures

   Yeah, I didn't do Tackle it Tuesday...at least not on Tuesday. I did get something done this past weekend that I've been meaning to do for a couple of months now. I got Maylee's Pack 'n Play, stroller and car seat w/ bases, took pictures of them and got them online to sell. I posted them on Craigslist and on my Facebook page. Guess where I got a response from faster? Yep, Facebook! I tell ya, I love Facebook!

   Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I've been doing so well with posting! I've been feeling quite stressed this past week and not really sure why. Work is going fine; I love when I'm home...I'm just kinda in some kind of funk. I want out!!! And this weather we're having just might snap me out of it! It's been gorgeous and I'm so glad since we were having such a horrible heat wave that I thought was just miserable. We played outside for a couple hours yesterday and the only bummer was that the mosquitoes were still out. I wish those stupid things would all die horrible deaths. I hate them!

   I do have some inkling why I'm kinda in this funk. I found out Monday morning that a kitty I recently gave away, that I had for more than 8 years, passed away. It made me so incredibly sad. It hasn't even been a month since I gave her away, so I really wasn't over that yet, and then to hear that she had died hit my like a truck. Now if you're wondering, I'm a cat person. If you don't like cats or have never owned them, they are very similar to dogs as a pet, though they don't have a reputation of being that way. Mine greet me at the door, come to their names and love to snuggle. I love my cats. So why did I give her away? Plainly, she wasn't happy. Ever since Maylee's come into the world, she hasn't gotten the attention she was so used to having. I could tell she wasn't happy and all I ever want is for my pets to be happy. That's why one owns pets, for pleasure, for both pet and owner. Heart wrenchingly enough, the people I gave her away to said they think she died of grief. I've heard of that happening to cats before. I don't regret many decisions I've made in my life, but if I had it to do over again, I would not give her away. ***tear***


R.I.P. my beautiful girl, Topey. You and your motorcycle purr will be so missed. I love you.


   Now onto things not so sad. On the home front, Maylee is pretty much home potty trained! Yay, yay, yay! What that means (to me), is that she is potty trained while she's at home. We haven't tried going out with just big girl undies on yet, nor has she gone potty at anyone else's house yet. That's our next step. Right now, our plan is to do the potty chair for two more weeks and get her REALLY comfortable with it and to the point where it's just habit to go in the potty chair (that's what potty training is, though, huh!). Then we'll put the insert thingy on the actual toilet in the bathroom and have her get used to that. Then of course we'll remove that and have her going in the regular toilet. While we're doing this transition, we'll try out going potty at Grandma's and maybe a trip to the grocery store with big girl undies on. I'm so thrilled she's taking to this potty training so easily. We're going to take it nice and slow, because I wasn't even going to start "pushing" the potty training issue until she is 2 1/2 and that's not until November, so she's ahead of "schedule." (That made me laugh out loud! Yeah, like you can schedule a two-year old. Hahaha!)

   My favorite summer shows are coming to a close. Last episode of Burn Notice and Royal Pains tonight. The Closer has one episode left, I think. We love Covert Affairs and that's got a couple of new episodes left, I think. But the new fall season starts in a month, so I'm excited to see my favorite shows come back! I haven't been reading much, really. Suzanne Collins' new book Mockingjay comes out this week and I can't wait to read it. I would highly recommend the Hunger Games trilogy (of which Mockingjay is the final installment). It was such a cool series. 

  Now onto scrapping. I guess this next page I did would qualify as a Tackle it Tuesday project, too! I've been wanting to scrap Maylee's major holidays since...well, since they happened! LOL! This is Maylee's first Christmas Eve at my in-laws. She had a great time! I used Summer Driggs' Believe kit for this.



 This next scrap page was kinda fun. I like it, but I feel like it's missing something. Not sure. I just finally saved it and said okay! This was done with High Four Designs' Behind the Hill kit. I wanted to put what ages Maylee was at the different stages, but couldn't figure out how to put text in and it fit with the aesthetic of the page...you know that kinda magic-y feel? Dunno.



  Hope you all have a great day! I will be posting Friday pic and question tomorrow, so stop back by!

1 comment:

  1. So very sorry about the kitty. We had a few cockatiels when I was young and we had to get rid of them, same thing happened to both of them. One and then the other within 2-3 months time.

    oh, I love the scrapping! I've got to get better about printing photos of Shaun. Lord knows I have enough of them.lol

    ReplyDelete