Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween!

   I know it's not until tomorrow, but Happy Halloween everyone! I'm still a little confused as to whether we're supposed to trick-or-treat tonight or tomorrow night. Different towns are doing it different nights and I have no idea which night to go! I guess I'll call my neighbor, she'll know! When you don't have a school-age child, you just don't hear about these things! Maylee's going to be a fairy. She thinks it's a butterfly costume, because it has wings, but it's really a fairy. As long as she likes it...I don't really like it, but she picked it out, and she's the one wearing it, so it's okay.

   So the last couple weeks have been okay. I haven't posted in 10 days, and they all kind of blend together. I know we've been crazy-busy at work. Everybody's spending their money before the end of the year, so we've got books, books, books. We get them in (books, that is) pretty steady throughout the year, but Sept., Oct., Nov. get really busy. I had part of a filling fall out, so I had to go to the dentist and my mouth still hurts. I can't open my mouth very far, it feels like my jaw it screwed too tight! My grandma is back from Montana (she lives there about 5 months of the year and here the other 7), so we went to see her last weekend. She couldn't believe how big Maylee is, of course!

   Speaking of Maylee, she's in the very ANNOYING 2-year-old stage. Everything is Why Mommy? Look Mommy! Why Mommy? What is it Mommy? Why Mommy? NO Mommy! Why Mommy? No never Why Daddy, always Why Mommy? I might go a little crazy!!!! I try to take a deep breath and give her the attention she needs, but dang!

   Right now, I'm reading Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson. I've never read her before and I'm really enjoying it. At work, I'm listening to the last Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, getting ready for the 1st part of the movie that comes out in a couple weeks. I'm so excited. I love, love, love the Harry Potter books. The movies are pretty good, too.

   Time for the picture portion of the post! I've done quite a bit of scrapping the last week or so. I've been trying to get old pictures done and scrapped to make way for the new stuff. So here they are:


  Credits:
Background and most elements: Summer Fun – Delicious Scraps
Alpha : Essential Alpha – Jady Day Studio

Credits:
Holiday magic – Shabby Princess

 Credits:
Sunrise Sorbet blog train
(blog trains are really hard to credit because so many great shops contribute, like Funky Playground and Sunshine Studio)

Credits:
Plentiful – Shabby Princess

 Credits:
Background: Lavender time – Marta Designs
Elements: Sweet Dreams – Talia from Dani Moy Designs
Cloud – Aprilisa 
Frame: Scarborough Fair – Design House Digital


   For me, there are highs and lows to these pages. I don't really like the Do You Compute one. It's just kinda blah to me. Same with Counting Sheep. But the Autumn Beauty is one of my favorite pages I've ever done. I think it's beautiful!

  Well, Maylee and I are off to do a little shopping. (I just asked Maylee if she wanted to go to the store with me and she said, "Yes! We have to go shop!" Oh boy. I guess she doesn't have my hatred of shopping...yet.) We're having our family pictures taken next week with Brandon's side of the family as a surprise Christmas present for my Mother-in-law. She's going to be so surprised and happy! I can't wait to see her face!

  Love to all,




No comments:

Post a Comment