Friday, November 26, 2010

In-between Thanksgivings

   Hey everyone. Hope you had a wonderful Turkey Day. I called this post in-between Thanksgivings because we had Thanksgiving at my in-laws yesterday and tomorrow we'll be with my Grandma! More food and giving of the thankses.

    So another name for today is BLACK FRIDAY. I mentioned already how I wasn't getting up before the crack of dawn to go shopping. And I didn't. But I didn't say I wasn't going to go shopping at all. Sneaksy of me, eh? No, I just did a little online shopping. So many places had great sales and free shipping. I got myself a new computer chair since my fat ass is planted right here in front of the computer so often. I can't wait. And mostly I bought digital scrapbooking stuff. So many sales, so little time! No seriously, it takes some major time to buy these materials, because you have to download them and then organize them to your liking or how you have your system set up. I break mine down like so: Pictures>Scrapbooking>Designer>Kit. Since I'm really trying to get better at crediting my stuff now that I have it all over the internets, I sorted my stuff into designers so I know who's who and what's what.

I bought this kit:
Adeyeo Designs
 
the cutest kit EVER, that I've had my eye on for about 2 weeks now and I was so happy to finally have it that I instantly scrapped a page with it. And I loooove it!!


Credits:
Village by Adeyeo Designs
Cat from Happy Cat by Adeyeo
Fiddle from Lingering Joys from Sunflower Designs

   Hey Diddle Diddle was (is) the first nursery rhyme Maylee ever said. And man is it cute to hear her say it! So cute, in fact, that I just had her say it and recorded it! Sorry she doesn't have a shirt on, she had just gotten out of the bath. But, come on, is this not the cutest thing, EVER!?!?

   OK, I've watched this like 50 times. And I just took it 20 minutes ago. I gotta admit, my kid is cute!!

  Just real quick, I wanted to share what's going on with Thanksgiving on my side of the family. Notice above that I simply said we'd "be with my Grandma." Well, Grandma decided this year that she didn't want to cook. That's fine! Perfect, even. Let's have it at my house Grandma! No, she didn't want that, either. So instead of having a traditional Thanksgiving dinner together, we're all going out to a Chinese buffet together. I told her that was great. It doesn't matter what we eat, or even what day (she used to get really miffed that we didn't go to her house on Thanksgiving DAY, we always did the Saturday after), as long as we were together. I think this might just be a great Thanksgiving tradition. I'm all for it!

   Everyone enjoy the rest of your weekend! To me, it feels like it should be Sunday night, and it's only Friday night! That's awesome! I could stand a few more 4-day weekends in my year!

   Love to all,


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that was so adorable! Go Maylee!:) Love the new scrap page too! One day when I get photoshop I'm going to have to give digital scrapping a serious go. I always love the things you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soooo love that page still. Might be my fav or yours. It's the one I was thinking of when I asked if I can use some of your stuff as examples... which I still need to talk to you about...
    I need to get that kit I think. Need to try some layouts like that.

    ReplyDelete