Monday, November 15, 2010

Shabby Princess Easy-as-pie template challenge

   This is the first digiscrap challenge I've ever entered in. I'm excited! The Shabby Princess' stuff was the very first scrap kits I ever downloaded and got me started in this awesome hobby, so I hold a dear place in my heart for their stuff. I think I've always felt intimidated to participate in contests and also, I know I don't have the time to devote to a lot of them either. So the challenge I've entered is the Easy-as-pie template challenge. I love templates and scrap almost exclusively with them, so this was a great challenge for me. Pretty much all I had to do was use the template they provided for everyone, use a Shabby Princess kit and post it in their gallery. I had to blog about it (which you are now reading) and put their blinkie up on my site (which I had already, anyway). That is 3 different entries. Posting in their gallery (1), blog (2) and blinkie (3). So this isn't a contest, really, they just randomly pick a winner from all the entries. A good first challenge for me since it's not really a competition!

Without further ado, here is my entry:

Promise by Shabby Princess.

Before I had decided to go ahead and enter in this challenge, I had already used this template. But since I hadn't used a Shabby Princess kit, it didn't qualify, so I just did a new page. And I made sure to make it look different from the other page I did, for my own personal collection. I don't want a lot of pages using the same templates and looking alike. So can you tell these are from the same template? (For those not in-the-know, a template is of where to put things. You can do with it what you want...move things, eliminate things, or use it just as is.)

So Thankful (Digi Scrap Addicts November 2010 blog hop)
Papers – Victoria Feemster, Sir Scrapalot, Miss Tiina
Elements – Miss Tiina, Craft-tastophic, Penny Springmann, Geek Chic, Lillyscrap Designs

So even if nothing comes out of this "challenge," I enjoyed making these two scrap pages. I really like how they turned out!
Peace out, yo.


  1. Both layouts came out great...and no, I wouldn't know it was the same template if you didn't tell me.

    Good luck with the challenge!

  2. Beautiful! Peace out, yo made me LOL.:))