Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Time to Read Tuesday

**DISCLAIMER**   
Blogger is being a meanie poo-poo head and not publishing my scheduled posts. Hmph. So here's YESTERDAY'S, and I'll post today's MANUALLY later, I suppose.

   Well, since I'm still reading the same books I was last week (dude. Having a kid and having a hobby really sucks all my free time! Oh, and there's a few TV shows we watch, too), I decided to post about some children's books that we've been reading. Maylee just loves books and reading. She loves to know who writes and illustrates the books, too. If I don't tell her, she always asks, then nods her head like she's tucking that information away in her mind to use at a later date. Love that kid.

   So we'll start with picture books today. Here's some great books or series that she really enjoys. (And just for reference, she's a 4-year-old that's been in 2nd year preschool.) These are just fun before-bed books we like to read.


Should I Share My Ice Cream? by Mo Willems.

   The author Mo Willems is a big hit in our house right now. He writes really funny books and the illustrations are really fun and cool. This series is the Elephant & Piggie books. Elephant goes through all kinds of different emotions in deciding if he should share his ice cream with his best friend, Piggie. (The mom in me is glad of the sharing lesson, but NO!! Don't share an ice cream cone! Blech. Germs.)


 

The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog by Mo Willems.

   For the record, I don't like this series nearly as much as the Elephant and Piggie books. I think Pigeon has a bit of a bratty attitude that I don't really like. But the little scooty chick is super cute in these.





Just a Little Critter collection by Mercer Mayer

   I am so, so happy that my little one likes these classic books. I loved Little Critter growing up. He's so real (I mean, other than being some kind of animal) in his attitude and scenarios. And he's adorable.






   Well, that's all for now. I'd love to hear some of your kids' favorite books. Also, I'd really love to hear some favorite beginner chapter books. I think we're heading that way soon, in our household!


No comments:

Post a Comment