Monday, March 15, 2010

Airing my complaints

   I'm going to start the day off with a few complaints. I know, not a good way to start the day, but that's what I'm feeling this morning. First and foremost: Daylight Savings Time. Oi. This practice is outdated, unnecessary in the year 2010, and it MAKES ME TIRED! Usually I don't have any problems adjusting the the change, but this year seems to be whooping my butt. Granted, it's only Monday, but I'm feeling it this morning! As of right now, I'm already looking forward to bedtime!
  Next complaint: short weekends. How is it that it can feel like the longest day in the world when I'm at work, but weekends just fly by. I know I'm not alone in this feeling. And there's never enough time to do all you want to do in a weekend. I mean if I have to clean the house AND do fun stuff with my family, I'm fitting in the fun stuff and leaving the cleaning for when I have time (which wasn't this weekend! My house is still a wreck!).
    Third: black socks. Yep, you read that right. I'm complaining about black socks...or the lack thereof in my house. I wear black slacks fairly often. I wear them with black shoes. Therefore, I have to wear black socks. Where. Do. They. All. Go? I seem be able to keep a thumb on most of my other socks, even Maylee's little bitty socks, but I can never find a pair of black socks when I need them. I've even had to change my outfit at the last moment because I was simply unable to find a pair of socks I needed. This may speak to my organization skills, but I'd rather just say it's the universe's fault and be done with it.
   Next: cat hair. This is problem in a house with three cats. But right now, at this time of year, they're "molting." They're trying to thin their hair out for a nice sleek summer coat. Well, that makes messes for me! One of my cats just sits there a rips clumps of hair out of her coat. Yep, she takes a mouthful of her sleek and shiny hair and just yanks it out. So I have little islands of black hair all over my beige carpet. It seems like I'm vacuuming about every 3 hours around here!
   Lastly: weather. I think we're all ready for spring. And not rainy spring, but springy spring! I want to get out and play and not worry about mud. I want to lie in the grass or have a picnic at Forest Park. I want to go the park with Maylee. We were teased with a nice little warm streak last week and it has me really wishing spring were here! I love being outside when it's nice. And sometimes summer gets here too fast, with it's too-hot temperatures, so I would like to request a nice spring. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment