Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Old lady

   It's what...7:00 in the evening? I am SO TIRED! I just feel exhausted! It may have something to do with running around in this beautiful weather with my little girl. We had so much fun playing outside, then I had fun listening to her and Daddy play outside while I made dinner with the windows open. I'm gonna miss this past week of warm weather now that winter's coming back. Yes folks, it's actually still winter, at least until the 20th of March. But before the cold snap comes back, we're supposed to be enjoying a thunderstorm tonight. I have loved listening to thunderstorms for years now. This is the first year Maylee's going to be old enough to notice them, so I'm anxious to see if she's going to be scared of them or not.
   Another reason I may be tired is cause I stayed up past my bedtime last night to finish the book I was reading. It was a heart-wrenching story of a little girl who suffered horrid abuse and the foster mother who tried to help her. It was disturbing and so, so extremely sad. I've always said I don't read non-fiction very often cause I just can't handle the real stuff. To know the horrible details of what truly happened in someone's life can be so heartbreaking. I won't be reading another one of these kinds of books for a while, as I'm sure this one will be sticking with me for a long, long time.
   I finally broke down last night and bought some scrap kits. There's this wonderful site, Delicious Scraps, that offers everything in their store for .99 or less. Can't beat that, huh? I thought if I had a couple of specific kits to work from, I wouldn't feel so overwhelmed with all the wonderful individual elements I have and be able to put something together. Maybe if I don't fall asleep tonight I can put something together. I'm going to try to scrap around this pic:
This is from us playing outside this past weekend. I can't decide if I want to edit out the little scratch on her head or leave it there. I gotta say, my little girl's a bit of a bruiser. She's definitely going to be a tomgirl and not a girly-girl, which is just fine with me. She loves getting dirty and is constantly getting scratched up. I'll be sure to share what I've come up with.
  

1 comment:

  1. Leave the scratch. Makes for better memories . . . at least in my opinion. Then again, I don't hesitate to post ridiculous pictures of any of us if I have them. They make me look back and laugh . . . and remember all the normal, everyday, good moments in life. :)

    ReplyDelete